ALBURGH ó Vermont State Police say one lane is open on Route 78 in Alburgh where a tractor-trailer truck crashed on an icy road, spilling barrels carrying black ink.
Route 78 was closed shortly after the crash, reported about 2 a.m. Tuesday.
Police say one lane was re-opened at about 8:45 a.m.
Police say the driver hit black ice, causing the unit to spin, cross the double yellow line and travel off the shoulder. A load of 50-gallon barrels came out of the back of the trailer.
Police say the ink was inflammable.
The driver suffered minor injuries to his head and arm.MORE IN Vermont NewsSTARKSBORO ó The dozen or so kids who get dropped off at Sentinel Farms some mornings during the... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: A brief midsummer return of last winter’s stubborn cold air mass descends over the Northern Plains, Midwest and Northeast this week bringing colder than seasonable daytime temperatures.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Founding father and 2nd president John Adams signs Sedition Act on this day in 1798 providing jail time for criticizing the government; Benjamin Franklin's grandson and namesake dies in jail, for satirizing the president.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Tibetans' ability to breathe and absorb oxygen at high altitude might have been inherited from their ancient ancestors, our new pals, the Denisovans, more dominant in their day than anybody can remember.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and staff writer Bryanna Allen discuss conflict at Open Door Mission, MSJ's new principal, teens carve marble in West Rutland.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.