City buildings still for saleStaff Report | February 13,2013The Dana and Watkins buildings are still on the market.
Tuesday night, the Rutland City School Board extended the purchase-and-sale agreement for the Watkins Building to Aug. 31. The district signed an agreement to sell the building for $100,000 to the Housing Trust of Rutland County, with a closing date of Dec. 1.
In November, the Housing Trust received a zoning variance to create 14 senior living apartments, three shy of the 17 units requested.
The board also voted to extend the listing for the Dana Building to April 30. Board member Hurley Cavacas, Jr., who serves on the Building Committee, said there might be a buyer for the property.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Tibetans' ability to breathe and absorb oxygen at high altitude might have been inherited from their ancient ancestors, our new pals, the Denisovans, more dominant in their day than anybody can remember.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and staff writer Bryanna Allen discuss conflict at Open Door Mission, MSJ's new principal, teens carve marble in West Rutland.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,