WESTON — The Vermont Country Store has promoted Chris Vickers to president and chief executive officer, the Orton family announced Wednesday
A veteran of the retail industry, Vickers joined the company in 2010 as chief merchandising and marketing officer. Previously, Vickers served as vice president of merchandising at L.L. Bean. He holds a masters in business administration from Harvard Business School and a bachelor's degree from Colby College.
“Chris has done an outstanding job bringing new expertise and focus to our business, particularly in Merchandising and Marketing,” said Eliot Orton, chairman of the board of The Vermont Country Store. “He is a natural leader and personally embodies the core values of practicality, frugality, family and community that permeate everything we stand for.”
Vickers said he was honored to be a part of the Orton family business, “with strong values, that creates a tremendous emotional connection with its customers.”
He said last year was one of the best years in the company's history with the company “well positioned for future growth.”
Founded in 1946, The Vermont Country Store is nationally known as The Purveyors of The Practical and Hard to Find, serving customers nationwide through its catalogs, online, and at two retail stores in Weston and Rockingham.MORE IN This Just InDearest farm, with your well-worked fields full of food, I love you. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.