Gloria T. LaBateFebruary 14,2013Gloria T. LaBate
POULTNEY — Gloria T. LaBate, 86, died Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2013, at Rutland Regional Medical Center after a long illness.
She was born Nov. 29, 1926, in Poultney, the daughter of Angelio and Donata (Dimichele) LaBate.
She graduated from Poultney High School.
Miss LaBate worked for over 32 years as a home product salesperson in the Poultney area.
She was a member of St. Raphael the Archangel Catholic Church.
She enjoyed reading and taking walks.
Survivors include a sister, Grace Fox of South Hadley, Mass., several nieces, nephews, and numerous cousins.
Miss LaBate was predeceased by eight siblings, Jane Laramie, Francis, Guy, John, Angelio Jr., Antonio, Ernest “Peter” and Michael.
The funeral Mass will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 16, at St. Raphael Catholic Church. The Rev. Daniel Jordan will be the celebrant.
Calling hours will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 15, at the Roberts-Aubin Funeral Home, 266 Allen Ave., Poultney.
Memorial contributions may be made to St. Raphael Catholic Church, 21 East Main St., Poultney, VT 05764.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.