Gloria T. LaBateFebruary 14,2013Gloria T. LaBate
POULTNEY — Gloria T. LaBate, 86, died Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2013, at Rutland Regional Medical Center after a long illness.
She was born Nov. 29, 1926, in Poultney, the daughter of Angelio and Donata (Dimichele) LaBate.
She graduated from Poultney High School.
Miss LaBate worked for over 32 years as a home product salesperson in the Poultney area.
She was a member of St. Raphael the Archangel Catholic Church.
She enjoyed reading and taking walks.
Survivors include a sister, Grace Fox of South Hadley, Mass., several nieces, nephews, and numerous cousins.
Miss LaBate was predeceased by eight siblings, Jane Laramie, Francis, Guy, John, Angelio Jr., Antonio, Ernest “Peter” and Michael.
The funeral Mass will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 16, at St. Raphael Catholic Church. The Rev. Daniel Jordan will be the celebrant.
Calling hours will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 15, at the Roberts-Aubin Funeral Home, 266 Allen Ave., Poultney.
Memorial contributions may be made to St. Raphael Catholic Church, 21 East Main St., Poultney, VT 05764.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.