Police investigate robbery behind plazaStaff Report | February 14,2013Police are searching for a man involved in a reported robbery on the bike path behind Rutland Shopping Plaza early Thursday morning.
A woman walking on the path behind Walmart at about 4:10 a.m. told police she was confronted by a man who took an undisclosed amount of money and her iPhone, which was in a pink case.
The man was described as 5-feet, 10-inches tall, weighing between 160 to 180 pounds. He was described as having a muscular physique and a round face with a goatee. The man appeared to be in his late 20s to early 30s and was wearing jeans and a dark colored hoodie.
Anyone with information is asked to call city police at 773-1816.MORE IN This Just In(Editor’s note: This is the first in a five-part series looking into the investigation of... Full StoryMORETOWN — An invite into the Moretown home of Emily Johnson and Brian Mohr shows that they live... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: On Jan. 31, 2002, Berkshire Armored Car Co. in Rutland's Howe Center was robbed of $1.9 million. Brent Curtis reports some of the surprising details he found in 10 years of FBI investigation files in a 5-part Herald series.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1835, deranged house painter attempts to kill Pres. Andrew Jackson; in 1969, Beatles play last live public performance on roof of Apple Corps building, London; in 1935, poet Richard Brautigan born in Tacoma, Washington.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Maple syrup standards revised to match international standards; city must decide how best to use $300K in leftover sewer project money; Bryanna Allen reports on funding proposal for solar projects; local agency gets HUD money.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1393, quick thinking teen girl saves King Charles IV of France from burning alive at masquerade ball; in 1760, Vermont town of Pownal created by N.H. Gov. Benning Wentworth; Canuplin, Filipino movie star, born.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day, 1700, Cascadia Earthquake, Magnitude 9 plus, strikes West Coast with tsunami effects felt as far away as Japan; in 1885, troops loyal to Sudanese Mohammad Ahmad conquer Khartoum; in 1992, Boris Yeltsin untargets U.S.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 971 AD, Southern Han war elephant corps defeated by Song Dynasty troops bowmen; in 1870, Montana, Marias massacre, U.S. kills 173 Native Americans; in 1941, Charles Lindbergh recommends neutrality pact with Nazis.