Man arrested more than 2 years after warrantThe Associated Press | February 16,2013BURLINGTON — The U.S. Marshals Service says a man wanted on a sexual assault charge in Vermont since October 2010 has been arrested in Kansas.
Authorities said Aly Tran was charged with aggravated sexual assault on a minor. The alleged assault happened in Burlington in 2003; it was reported to the Chittenden Unit for Special Investigations in 2010.
A warrant for the arrest of the 45-year-old Tran was issued; his whereabouts were unknown.
He was arrested Thursday in Holcomb, Kan., on a charge of being a fugitive from justice, authorities said.MORE IN Vermont NewsThe Senate on Tuesday advanced a GMO labeling bill that sets Vermont on a course to be the first... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.