Vt. sex offender
is arrested in NY
The Associated Press
BURLINGTON — A Vermont sex offender who failed to register has been arrested in New York state.
Francis Patrick Mesick, 60, of Burlington was arrested as a fugitive Friday in Chazy, N.Y., according to the Vermont Violent Offender Task Force.
In 1996 Mesick plead guilty to lewd and lascivious conduct and was required to register as a sex offender. He was convicted in 2008 for failing to register.
Mesick’s arrest was a result of efforts by the U.S. Marshals Service, the task force and state police in Vermont and New York.MORE IN Vermont NewsCOLCHESTER — A bunch of kids in a minivan are solving twin challenges in northern Vermont:... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.