Rally held against
The Associated Press
MONTPELIER — Vermonters seeking to ban assault weapons in the state held a rally Saturday on the Statehouse lawn in Montpelier.
The rally was intended to encourage Vermont lawmakers to introduce a bill banning assault weapons and support other legislation that proponents believe will help reduce gun violence.
The event’s organizer, Danielle LaFleur Brooks, said the rally drew about 300 people. It followed a protest the previous weekend at the Central Vermont Gun Show in Barre.
Police said Saturday’s event was peaceful.
Among those speaking at the rally were Montpelier Mayor John Hollar and state Rep. Linda Waite-Simpson.MORE IN Vermont NewsDVHA Commissioner Mark Larson told lawmakers Tuesday of a second privacy breadh on Vermont Health... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation