Roland A. ChabotFebruary 17,2013Roland A. Chabot Rites
The funeral service for Roland Arthur Chabot, 89, of Rutland, who died Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2013, was held Saturday, Feb. 16, at the Immaculate Heart of Mary Church.
The Rev. Remigius Bukuru Ntahondi, pastor, officiated.
The organist was Richard Brown and the vocalist was Lori Routhier.
Gift bearers were Tina McKearin and Tracy Ploof.
Bearers were John McKearin, Jeffrey Ploof, Louis Ross, Robert Smith, Mitch Conway and Dylan Beaudrey.
A reception followed in the St. Annís Hall.
Burial will military honors will be at a later date in the St. Joseph Cemetery.
The American Legion Post #31 color guard held a service Friday evening at the Aldous Funeral Home. Flag folders were Sam Coburn, Jim Mills, Steve Kipp, Clayton Rockwell and Ron Fairbanks. The flag was presented by Dick White.
Memorial contributions may be made to Green Mountain Foster Grandparent Program, 6 Court St., Rutland, Vermont 05701 or to the American Legion Post #31 Baseball, 33 Washington St., Rutland, VT 05701.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Nelson Mandela on the primacy of teaching love over hate.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.