Roland A. ChabotFebruary 17,2013Roland A. Chabot Rites
The funeral service for Roland Arthur Chabot, 89, of Rutland, who died Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2013, was held Saturday, Feb. 16, at the Immaculate Heart of Mary Church.
The Rev. Remigius Bukuru Ntahondi, pastor, officiated.
The organist was Richard Brown and the vocalist was Lori Routhier.
Gift bearers were Tina McKearin and Tracy Ploof.
Bearers were John McKearin, Jeffrey Ploof, Louis Ross, Robert Smith, Mitch Conway and Dylan Beaudrey.
A reception followed in the St. Ann’s Hall.
Burial will military honors will be at a later date in the St. Joseph Cemetery.
The American Legion Post #31 color guard held a service Friday evening at the Aldous Funeral Home. Flag folders were Sam Coburn, Jim Mills, Steve Kipp, Clayton Rockwell and Ron Fairbanks. The flag was presented by Dick White.
Memorial contributions may be made to Green Mountain Foster Grandparent Program, 6 Court St., Rutland, Vermont 05701 or to the American Legion Post #31 Baseball, 33 Washington St., Rutland, VT 05701.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.