Mary E. MurphyFebruary 19,2013Mary E. Murphy
Mary E. Murphy, 90, of Rutland and formerly of Lynn, Mass., died Feb. 14, 2013, at Rutland Health and Rehabilitation Center.
She was born in Lynn Feb. 23, 1922, the daughter of William and Margaret (Ryan) Murphy.
Miss Murphy enjoyed doing needlepoint and walking.
Survivors include several nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by two siblings, John Murphy and Catherine Finnigan.
Visitation will be at 9 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 23, at the Cuffe-McGinn Funeral Home, 157 Maple St. in Lynn, where the Mass will follow at 10:30 a.m. at St. Pius V Church.
Private burial will be at a later date in St. Joseph’s Cemetery.
For online register, visit www.cuffemcginn.com.
Local arrangements are under the direction of the Clifford Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.