Mary E. MurphyFebruary 19,2013Mary E. Murphy
Mary E. Murphy, 90, of Rutland and formerly of Lynn, Mass., died Feb. 14, 2013, at Rutland Health and Rehabilitation Center.
She was born in Lynn Feb. 23, 1922, the daughter of William and Margaret (Ryan) Murphy.
Miss Murphy enjoyed doing needlepoint and walking.
Survivors include several nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by two siblings, John Murphy and Catherine Finnigan.
Visitation will be at 9 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 23, at the Cuffe-McGinn Funeral Home, 157 Maple St. in Lynn, where the Mass will follow at 10:30 a.m. at St. Pius V Church.
Private burial will be at a later date in St. Joseph’s Cemetery.
For online register, visit www.cuffemcginn.com.
Local arrangements are under the direction of the Clifford Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.