Ruth L. HoldenFebruary 20,2013Ruth L. Holden
Ruth Lillian Holden, 93, passed away February 18, 2013, in Rutland.
She was born October 4, 1919, in Lowell, Mass., to Louisa Caroline Pfaff and Erlon Victor Crimmin.
Ruth was educated at Boston Latin School for Girls and went on to the University of Massachusetts (Amherst) where she graduated in 1941.
In 1943, she married Francis E. Holden in Salina, Kansas.
Mrs. Holden was employed by the Rutland Herald as a proofreader in the graphic design department for more than 35 years.
Survivors include her seven children, Robert, Joyce Oakman, Marsha Reis, Nancy Blosser, Lucille Hurley, Kathy Bruce and William; 13 grandchildren, many great-grandchildren; several nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by her parents; her husband in 1996; her only sibling, Atty. Robert Crimmin; and a grandson, Stephen Oakman.
At Ruth’s request, there will be no services.
Arrangements are by the Aldous Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.