Hazel M. CoreyFebruary 20,2013
Hazel M. CoreyHazel M. Corey
BRANDON — Hazel Mae Corey, 87, died Sunday, Feb. 17, 2013, at her home.
She was born May 1, 1925, in Shoreham, the daughter of Arthur and Lottie Carey.
She married Arthur John Corey Aug. 23, 1952, in Brandon. Mr. Corey died in 1993.
Mrs. Corey enjoyed playing bingo, fishing, dining out and feeding animals.
Survivors include a daughter, Patricia Guillemette of Brandon; five stepchildren, Larry Garrow of Rutland, Joan Atwood of Leicester, Doris Aldridge of North Carolina, Helen Hal of Ludlow and Betty Osmer of Florida; four grandchildren, eight great-grandchildren, a great-great-grandchild and numerous step-grandchildren.
She was predeceased by six brothers, Ernest, Charles, Stuart, Francis, Ralph and Pete Carey.
The funeral will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 23, at the Miller and Ketcham Funeral Home in Brandon with the Rev. Kathleen Bevan, pastor of Brandon United Methodist Church, officiating.
Burial will be at a later date in Forest Dale Cemetery.
Calling hours begin at noon Saturday at the Miller and Ketcham Funeral Home, 26 Franklin St. in Brandon, prior to the service.
Memorial contributions, in lieu of flowers, may be made to Rutland Area Visiting Nurse Association and Hospice, 7 Albert Cree Drive, Rutland, VT 05701.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.