Nylene W. OliverFebruary 20,2013Nylene W. Oliver
SPRINGFIELD — Nylene Wheeler Oliver, 84, died Saturday, Feb. 16, 2013, at Estelle’s Hospice Home in Ocala, Fla.
She was born Dec. 18, 1928, in Chester, the daughter of Irving S. and Ethel (Wheelock) Wheeler.
She married John “Jack” Oliver Jr. May 8, 1965, in Chester.
Mrs. Oliver was employed as an edger-sizer with American Optical for several years, as well as a veterinary assistant for several years.
She was a life member of DAV Auxiliary and a member of the Retired Seniors of Florida.
Survivors include her husband of Ocala, Fla., several nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by three siblings, Graydon Wheeler, Norma Bratton and Colleen Olney.
Services will be at a later date, as well as burial in St. Mary’s Cemetery in Springfield.
Memorial contributions may be made to Springfield Humane Society, 401 Skitchewaug Trail, Springfield, VT 05156.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Davis Memorial Chapel in Springfield.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.