Cocktail event fundraises for librariesFebruary 22,2013Libraries to benefit
from cocktail event
BRANDON — The annual Cocktails for a Cause fundraiser for the Maclure Library and Brandon Public Library is at 5:30 p.m. Friday at the Brandon Inn.
Special servers include Roberta Enright, Judy Tompkins, Jamie Stewart and Jeannie Corbett, all of Pittsford; and Warren Kimble, Bernie Carr and Sue Gage, all of Brandon.
The event’s menus will include hamburgers, chili in a fresh bread bowl, caesar salad, a Vermont cheese plate, and a ham, cheese and spinach wrap.
To keep costs low, guests are asked to pay with cash or checks, although credit cards will be accepted.
For more information, call 483-2972.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1900, a crew arrives at a Scottish isle lighthouse to find the previous crew has vanished; in 1944, George S. Patton relieves Bastogne; in 1890, 'Uncle Charlie' Osborne born; in 1891, Henry Miller born in New York.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Capt. James Cook discovers and names Christmas Island, Brits develop and test H-bombs there in 1957-58; 100 years ago today, Christmas truce takes hold on Western Front in France, combatants observe the holiday.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Gen. Wm. T. Sherman concludes March to the Sea, secures Savannah, Ga., offers the city as Christmas gift to Pres. Lincoln; N.Y.'s Lincoln Tunnel opens in 1937; first gorilla born in captivity, Colo, celebrates 58th birthday today.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brent Curtis reports on the probe into a city bar fight involving police officers; Vt. Yankee has its last media day event before final shutdown next week; Depot Park hosts annual vigil to raise awareness of plight of homeless.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Gas Systems puts Phase 2 on hold as the latest estimate for Phase 1 takes a 27 percent leap upward, to a total of $157 million; U.S. Attorney Tristram Coffin quits for job with private firm; police cite man in pot bust.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Christmas bombing of North Vietnam ordered by President Richard Nixon, most lethal strikes of the war; in 1989, U.S. invades Panama to depose, arrest and charge Gen. Manuel Noriega with drug trafficking, racketeering.