Cocktail event fundraises for librariesFebruary 22,2013Libraries to benefit
from cocktail event
BRANDON — The annual Cocktails for a Cause fundraiser for the Maclure Library and Brandon Public Library is at 5:30 p.m. Friday at the Brandon Inn.
Special servers include Roberta Enright, Judy Tompkins, Jamie Stewart and Jeannie Corbett, all of Pittsford; and Warren Kimble, Bernie Carr and Sue Gage, all of Brandon.
The event’s menus will include hamburgers, chili in a fresh bread bowl, caesar salad, a Vermont cheese plate, and a ham, cheese and spinach wrap.
To keep costs low, guests are asked to pay with cash or checks, although credit cards will be accepted.
For more information, call 483-2972.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.