Cocktail event fundraises for librariesFebruary 22,2013Libraries to benefit
from cocktail event
BRANDON ó The annual Cocktails for a Cause fundraiser for the Maclure Library and Brandon Public Library is at 5:30 p.m. Friday at the Brandon Inn.
Special servers include Roberta Enright, Judy Tompkins, Jamie Stewart and Jeannie Corbett, all of Pittsford; and Warren Kimble, Bernie Carr and Sue Gage, all of Brandon.
The eventís menus will include hamburgers, chili in a fresh bread bowl, caesar salad, a Vermont cheese plate, and a ham, cheese and spinach wrap.
To keep costs low, guests are asked to pay with cash or checks, although credit cards will be accepted.
For more information, call 483-2972.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.