Eight-ball theft leads to chargeFebruary 22,2013NY man allegedly
stole an eight-ball
KILLINGTON — A New York man who allegedly punched out a pool table light and then walked out of a bar with the eight-ball in his pocket will face a pair of misdemeanor offenses next month, according to Vermont State Police.
Troopers were called to Jax Bar on Killington Road just before 1 a.m. Wednesday for a report of a disorderly patron who left the bar on foot.
Using a description of the individual, police stopped Marc E. Dileone, 28, of Centereach, N.Y., while he was walking down the road.
Dileone was arrested and taken to the state police barracks in Rutland where he was charged with unlawful mischief and petty larceny. He was released on a citation to appear in Rutland criminal court next month.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.