ST. ALBANS — Vermont State Police say a St. Albans man has been rescued from the Missisquoi River after he lost control of his truck and went over an embankment.
Police said 22-year-old Colby Vezina was driving a pickup truck down a wet and slightly snow-covered road early Sunday when he lost control of the vehicle in Sheldon. Police said the truck landed upside down, partly under water in the river.
Police said a homeowner who lives near the crash site quickly called 911 for help. First responders from Sheldon and Enosburg quickly arrived and pulled him from the river.
Police said Vezina suffered relatively minor hypothermia. They say it appears alcohol and speed contributed to the crash.MORE IN Vermont NewsThe former superintendent of the Caledonia Central Supervisory Union involved in the... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.