ST. ALBANS — Vermont State Police say a St. Albans man has been rescued from the Missisquoi River after he lost control of his truck and went over an embankment.
Police said 22-year-old Colby Vezina was driving a pickup truck down a wet and slightly snow-covered road early Sunday when he lost control of the vehicle in Sheldon. Police said the truck landed upside down, partly under water in the river.
Police said a homeowner who lives near the crash site quickly called 911 for help. First responders from Sheldon and Enosburg quickly arrived and pulled him from the river.
Police said Vezina suffered relatively minor hypothermia. They say it appears alcohol and speed contributed to the crash.MORE IN Vermont NewsJulie Brill, a commissioner with the Federal Trade Commission and a resident of Randolph, was at... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: U.S. Rep. Peter Welch meets with Killington business owners, governor candidates debate, Gov. Shumlin discusses progress in anti-opiate campaign, Spanos trial venue moves to White River Junction.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1776, as Nathan Hale is hanged by British military authorities for spying, he utters his famous last words — or does he? In 1975, Sara Jane Moore attempts to kill President Gerald R. Ford in San Francisco.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Patrick McArdle reports and the theft of an $89,000 shotgun, police release a video of the Monday Castleton robbery, O'Gorman reports a lawsuit by a local man claiming his vehicle unlawfully seized, police leave him in cold.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Giles Corey of Salem, Mass., is pressed to death during the Salem witch trials; on this day in 1952, film comedian Charlie Chaplin, while traveling to England, is denied re-entry into the United States by U.S. attorney general.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Dutch father of microbiology Antonie van Leeuwenhoek discovers the existence of one-celled organisms; in 1967, The Doors are booked to play the Ed Sullivan show; in 1858, freedom fighter Dred Scott dies on this day in St. Louis.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No money this year for western rail project, Lola Aiken memorialized in Montpelier, Supreme Court Castleton murder suspect will remain in jail, Shaftbury man fires shots from his AK-47 into neighbor's home.