Three-car crash injures womanFebruary 27,2013Three-car crash injures woman
WOODFORD — A three-vehicle crash in Woodford on Route 9 on Sunday left a West Dover woman with a possible neck injury, according to a press release from the Vermont State Police.
Jordan Mantello, 17, of Troy, N.Y., was driving a 2003 Cadillac Deville west on Route 9 when he fell asleep at the wheel, police said.
The Cadillac crossed the center line and collided with a 2000 Subaru Legacy driven by Jollene Mahon, 35, of West Dover. The Legacy spun around several times causing another collision with a 2008 Nissan pickup driven by Richard Setzer, 28, of Bennington, police said.
Mahon was taken to the Southwestern Vermont Medical Center in Bennington with a possible neck injury. Mantello and two of his passengers were also taken to the hospital for evaluation.
Police said it was snowing and the roads were icy at the time of the crash.
All vehicles involved sustained significant damage from the crash and were towed from the scene.
Troopers with the Vermont State Police are continuing to investigate the crash.MORE IN This Just InRICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott uploads astronomic, historic and epigrammatic data... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.