Three-car crash injures womanFebruary 27,2013Three-car crash injures woman
WOODFORD — A three-vehicle crash in Woodford on Route 9 on Sunday left a West Dover woman with a possible neck injury, according to a press release from the Vermont State Police.
Jordan Mantello, 17, of Troy, N.Y., was driving a 2003 Cadillac Deville west on Route 9 when he fell asleep at the wheel, police said.
The Cadillac crossed the center line and collided with a 2000 Subaru Legacy driven by Jollene Mahon, 35, of West Dover. The Legacy spun around several times causing another collision with a 2008 Nissan pickup driven by Richard Setzer, 28, of Bennington, police said.
Mahon was taken to the Southwestern Vermont Medical Center in Bennington with a possible neck injury. Mantello and two of his passengers were also taken to the hospital for evaluation.
Police said it was snowing and the roads were icy at the time of the crash.
All vehicles involved sustained significant damage from the crash and were towed from the scene.
Troopers with the Vermont State Police are continuing to investigate the crash.MORE IN This Just InWASHINGTON — The primary season just ended and the general election campaign now unfolding looks... Full StoryA mysterious poll is asking Vermonters if they would support the continued operation of Vermont... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No money this year for western rail project, Lola Aiken memorialized in Montpelier, Supreme Court Castleton murder suspect will remain in jail, Shaftbury man fires shots from his AK-47 into neighbor's home.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1959, Soviet Premier Nikita S. Khrushchev arrives in U.S. for historic 13-day visit; in 1987, Secretary of State George Shultz and Soviet Foreign Minister Eduard Shevardnadze sign nuclear reduction agreement.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City celebrates completion of its newest mural, on West Street opposite the post office, more than $2 million in federal grants will bolster Vermont's health centers, Patrick McArdle reports on pending sale of Vermont papers.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Henry Hudson sails up the Hudson River as far as present-day Albany, Leo Szilard has epiphany waiting for the light to change, 3 kids report a West Virginia close encounter in 1952.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Who will run for mayor in Rutland next year? Has Bennington overcome its fear of twerking? Documentary 'Hungry Heart' packs the Paramount, and the city's Creek Path scores another million-plus dollars.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: The 1509 'Lesser Judgment' earthquake on this day at Constantinople kills 13,000 and destroys the city; in 1801, on this day, Marie Laveau, the Voodoo Queen of New Orleans is born.