The Vermont Agency of Agriculture is warning farmers and building and homeowners about the danger that roofs could collapse under the weight of accumulating snow.
Experts say that in some areas snow has accumulated over the winter and it may become even heavier due to the wet, icy conditions predicted.
The agency is urging homeowners to monitor their roofs and clear off snow if it can be done so safely. If there is a concern for personal safety, a professional contractor should be called in to inspect the roof, or to clear the roof of snow.
Symptoms of a pending collapse can include strange noises, cracking, or visible movement of rafters.MORE IN Vermont NewsDVHA Commissioner Mark Larson told lawmakers Tuesday of a second privacy breadh on Vermont Health... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation