BURLINGTON — A former Vermont college student is facing charges he sold LSD to a student who later jumped off a bridge while fleeing campus security.
A judge said there is probable cause to charge 19-year-old Colin Basler, of Old Lyme, Conn., with selling LSD.
The Burlington Free Press reported that Basler was scheduled to be arraigned earlier this week, but he is at a drug treatment facility and did not attend. The arraignment was postponed.
Basler was arrested Feb. 20. Colchester police say Basler sold the drug through a middleman to another student who trashed a convenience store after using LSD. That student then jumped from a 40-foot bridge while fleeing authorities. That student suffered multiple injuries, but his condition is improving.
Basler has since withdrawn from St. Michael’s College.MORE IN Vermont News
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.