Kristofer M.R. WatsonMarch 01,2013
Kristofer M.R. WatsonKristofer M.R. Watson
SHAFTSBURY — Kristofer M.R. Watson, 18, died Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2013, at his home.
He was born May 18, 1994, in Cambridge, N.Y., the son of Michael Watson of Shaftsbury and Kendy (Brown) Watson of Arlington.
He received his education in Arlington and in Bennington at the CDC, and was a former junior firefighter in Shaftsbury.
Kristofer was an avid outdoorsman who enjoyed camping, hunting, fishing, time spent around a bonfire, as well as his motorcycle or four-wheeler. He also enjoyed music, working with computers and living in Southport, N.C.
He was known as a positive young man, very gentle and always there to offer a helping hand.
Survivors include his parents; a sister, Heidi Trachte of Arlington, and a brother, David Trachte II of Rupert; his grandparents, Harry Brown of West Arlington and Joyce Brine of North Bennington; aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, cousins; several close friends and his best friend, Addie-Pum.
Friends may call beginning at 4:30 p.m. Saturday, March 2, at Arlington Fire Department.
A bonfire memorial gathering will be held at a later date.
Memorial contributions may be made to Shaftsbury Fire Department, in care of Mahar and Son Funeral Home, 628 Main St., Bennington, VT 05201.
For guest book condolences, visit www.maharandsonfuneralhome.net.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?