Donald R. GreenMarch 04,2013Donald R. Green
Donald Ross Green, 72, of Rutland, died Sunday, March 3, 2013, at Mountain View Center.
He was born March 28, 1940, in Crown Point, N.Y., the son of Henry and Myrtle (Odell) Green.
He married Bernice T. Kramer Sept. 30, 1972.
Mr. Green enjoyed hunting, fishing, country music and watching TV westerns.
Survivors include his wife and a daughter, Mary Reynolds, both of Rutland; a brother, Percy Green of Moriah, N.Y.; a grandson; three sisters; several nieces and nephews.
He was predeceased by a granddaughter.
There are no calling hours or services planned at this time.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Tossing Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.