John G. MieleMarch 04,2013John G. Miele
LUDLOW ó John Guy Miele, 71, of Ludlow, Vt., passed away peacefully Wednesday, February 27, 2013, at Springfield Hospital, Springfield, Vt. John was born in Springfield, Vt., on July 15, 1941, the son of Louis and Laura (Mayo) Miele. He was married to Dolores Bruso of Ludlow, Vt., on May 28, 1966.
John worked at Ludlow Telephone Co., General Electric Co. in Ludlow, and for many years, he owned and operated Mieleís Construction Co. He enjoyed spending time outdoors, hunting and fishing. He also enjoyed listening to music and spending time with his friends. He was a member of the Sons of the American Legion, Post #36 Ludlow, Vt., and Loyal Order of Moose, Lodge 1122 Rutland, Vt.
John is survived by his two daughters, Korena Jones and her husband Michael of Hawaii, Barbara Fitzgerald and partner Robert Mazza of Bennington, Vt.; six precious grandchildren; and brother James Miele and his wife Pamela of Lyndhurst, N.J. He is further survived by nieces, nephews, other relatives and his beloved dog, Shadow.
In addition to his parents, Louis and Laura Miele, John was predeceased by his spouse, Dolores Miele, and his brother, Jerry Miele.
Visitation will be held at 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Wednesday, March 6, 2013, at Adams Funeral Home, 12 Meadow St., Ludlow, Vt. Graveside committal services and burial will be at a later date in Pleasant View Cemetery in Ludlow, Vt. Funeral arrangements are under the direction of Adams Funeral Home.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made in memory of John Guy Miele at Peopleís United Bank, 213 Main St., Ludlow, VT 05149, c/o Barbara Fitzgerald.
Please visit www.adamsludlow.com to sign Johnís online guest book.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.