John G. MieleMarch 04,2013John G. Miele
LUDLOW ó John Guy Miele, 71, of Ludlow, Vt., passed away peacefully Wednesday, February 27, 2013, at Springfield Hospital, Springfield, Vt. John was born in Springfield, Vt., on July 15, 1941, the son of Louis and Laura (Mayo) Miele. He was married to Dolores Bruso of Ludlow, Vt., on May 28, 1966.
John worked at Ludlow Telephone Co., General Electric Co. in Ludlow, and for many years, he owned and operated Mieleís Construction Co. He enjoyed spending time outdoors, hunting and fishing. He also enjoyed listening to music and spending time with his friends. He was a member of the Sons of the American Legion, Post #36 Ludlow, Vt., and Loyal Order of Moose, Lodge 1122 Rutland, Vt.
John is survived by his two daughters, Korena Jones and her husband Michael of Hawaii, Barbara Fitzgerald and partner Robert Mazza of Bennington, Vt.; six precious grandchildren; and brother James Miele and his wife Pamela of Lyndhurst, N.J. He is further survived by nieces, nephews, other relatives and his beloved dog, Shadow.
In addition to his parents, Louis and Laura Miele, John was predeceased by his spouse, Dolores Miele, and his brother, Jerry Miele.
Visitation will be held at 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Wednesday, March 6, 2013, at Adams Funeral Home, 12 Meadow St., Ludlow, Vt. Graveside committal services and burial will be at a later date in Pleasant View Cemetery in Ludlow, Vt. Funeral arrangements are under the direction of Adams Funeral Home.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made in memory of John Guy Miele at Peopleís United Bank, 213 Main St., Ludlow, VT 05149, c/o Barbara Fitzgerald.
Please visit www.adamsludlow.com to sign Johnís online guest book.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?