Man taken to hospital after house fireBy Lucia Suarez
Staff Writer | March 04,2013CLARENDON — Firefighters from Clarendon, Ira and West Rutland responded to a fire in a single-family home on Schoolhouse Hill Road late Monday afternoon.
Clarendon Fire Chief Norm Flanders said information on the cause of the fire was limited but it is believed to have started in the basement of the home.
“Most of the fire was in the basement and the upstairs bedroom,” Flanders said.
He said the home was probably not a total loss.
He said an elderly man was taken to Rutland Regional Medical Center, but he did not know for what exactly. He said he believed it was smoke inhalation but was unsure.
No names were released and his condition was not available.
A Rutland County Sheriff’s Department deputy confirmed that resuscitation efforts were conducted on a man, but would not elaborate.
A fire investigator was called to determine the cause of the fire. No more information was available by press time.
According to Flanders, the West Rutland Fire Department was the first on the scene.
While at the scene, a Sheriff’s Department cruiser was damaged when it was struck by a West Rutland fire truck.MORE IN This Just InPITTSFORD – The Select Board meets tonight at 6:30 to hear a presentation by Green Lantern... Full StoryTODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.