Vermont gas prices downStaff Report | March 04,2013The price at the pump in Vermont fell 1.7 cents a gallon in the last week, averaging $3.83 a gallon, according to the latest GasBuddy.com survey of 626 gas outlets in the state.
The national average fell 2.8 cents a gallon to $3.70 gallon.
Gas prices in Vermont over the last week were 1.7 cents a gallon higher than the same day a year ago and are 10.8
cents a gallon higher than a month ago.
The national average increased 21.6 cents per gallon during the last month and stands 0.7 cents a gallon lower than a year ago.
GasBuddy.com senior petroleum analyst Patrick DeHaan said the current national average prices are now under year ago levels.
“And perhaps the best news is that the national average will likely continue to decline in most areas east of the Rockies in the week ahead as wholesale gasoline prices have given up ground,” DeHaan said.
GasBuddy operates VermontGasPrices.com and more than 250 similar websites that track gasoline prices at more than 140,000 stations in the United States and Canada.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.