Vermont gas prices downStaff Report | March 04,2013The price at the pump in Vermont fell 1.7 cents a gallon in the last week, averaging $3.83 a gallon, according to the latest GasBuddy.com survey of 626 gas outlets in the state.
The national average fell 2.8 cents a gallon to $3.70 gallon.
Gas prices in Vermont over the last week were 1.7 cents a gallon higher than the same day a year ago and are 10.8
cents a gallon higher than a month ago.
The national average increased 21.6 cents per gallon during the last month and stands 0.7 cents a gallon lower than a year ago.
GasBuddy.com senior petroleum analyst Patrick DeHaan said the current national average prices are now under year ago levels.
“And perhaps the best news is that the national average will likely continue to decline in most areas east of the Rockies in the week ahead as wholesale gasoline prices have given up ground,” DeHaan said.
GasBuddy operates VermontGasPrices.com and more than 250 similar websites that track gasoline prices at more than 140,000 stations in the United States and Canada.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.