Vermont gas prices downStaff Report | March 04,2013The price at the pump in Vermont fell 1.7 cents a gallon in the last week, averaging $3.83 a gallon, according to the latest GasBuddy.com survey of 626 gas outlets in the state.
The national average fell 2.8 cents a gallon to $3.70 gallon.
Gas prices in Vermont over the last week were 1.7 cents a gallon higher than the same day a year ago and are 10.8
cents a gallon higher than a month ago.
The national average increased 21.6 cents per gallon during the last month and stands 0.7 cents a gallon lower than a year ago.
GasBuddy.com senior petroleum analyst Patrick DeHaan said the current national average prices are now under year ago levels.
“And perhaps the best news is that the national average will likely continue to decline in most areas east of the Rockies in the week ahead as wholesale gasoline prices have given up ground,” DeHaan said.
GasBuddy operates VermontGasPrices.com and more than 250 similar websites that track gasoline prices at more than 140,000 stations in the United States and Canada.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1609, Galileo demonstrates his telescope to Venetian lawmakers; during the same year, the Spanish Inquisition begins Basque witch trials, Henry Hudson sets sail from Amsterdam to North America, Shakespeare's sonnets published.