Vermont gas prices downStaff Report | March 04,2013The price at the pump in Vermont fell 1.7 cents a gallon in the last week, averaging $3.83 a gallon, according to the latest GasBuddy.com survey of 626 gas outlets in the state.
The national average fell 2.8 cents a gallon to $3.70 gallon.
Gas prices in Vermont over the last week were 1.7 cents a gallon higher than the same day a year ago and are 10.8
cents a gallon higher than a month ago.
The national average increased 21.6 cents per gallon during the last month and stands 0.7 cents a gallon lower than a year ago.
GasBuddy.com senior petroleum analyst Patrick DeHaan said the current national average prices are now under year ago levels.
“And perhaps the best news is that the national average will likely continue to decline in most areas east of the Rockies in the week ahead as wholesale gasoline prices have given up ground,” DeHaan said.
GasBuddy operates VermontGasPrices.com and more than 250 similar websites that track gasoline prices at more than 140,000 stations in the United States and Canada.MORE IN This Just InThe cameras appearing atop some city intersections are a new trigger system for the traffic signals. Full StoryA Hubbardton man charged with murdering two electricians who came to his rental home in February ... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.