Police: Man involved in robberies needed money for crack cocaineBy Brent Curtis
Staff Writer | March 04,2013A Mount Holly man has been charged with the recent robbery of a Wallingford convenience store and the attempted robbery of two businesses in Rutland.
Vermont State Police said Monday that they have arrested Todd Bussino Jr., 29, and charged him with armed robbery for a hold-up at Cumberland Farms in Wallingford Friday afternoon.
Clerks at the store told police that a lone man entered the store and threatened to hurt one of the clerk's if she didn't empty the register. When another clerk tried to follow him from the store, Bussino allegedly threatened to shoot the clerk.
Hours later during the early morning hours of Saturday, a lone man with the same physical description attempted to rob both Walgreens and Burger King in Rutland, according to city police.
State Police say Bussino has admitted to the incidents in Wallingford and Rutland, which he said were done in an attempt to get money to buy crack cocaine.
Bussino is being held at the Rutland jail.MORE IN This Just InBENNINGTON — The Vermont Supreme Court has overturned the conviction of a Shaftsbury man who was... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.