School investigates autistic boy's treatmentMarch 04,2013School investigates autistic boy’s treatment
BENNINGTON — Two school employees will remain out of the classroom while the Bennington, school district investigates comments captured on an audio recorder secretly placed the backpack of an autistic boy.
Laurie Connell and Clayton Buck were assigned to work with the 8-year-old boy last month, when the boy’s aunt attached the recorder to his backpack. According to the Bennington Banner, the recording picked up comments insulting the boy.
Superintendent Catherine McClure says Connell, a paraprofessional, has been placed on administrative leave. She says Clayton Buck is not on leave because he’s a substitute paraprofessional, but he won’t be called in while the investigation continues.MORE IN This Just InKILLINGTON — Vermont State Police say they have made an arrest in the hit and run death of ... Full StoryPOULTNEY — Sheila Nichols has been so busy for so long, she doesn’t know how to slow down. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation