School investigates autistic boy's treatmentMarch 04,2013School investigates autistic boy’s treatment
BENNINGTON — Two school employees will remain out of the classroom while the Bennington, school district investigates comments captured on an audio recorder secretly placed the backpack of an autistic boy.
Laurie Connell and Clayton Buck were assigned to work with the 8-year-old boy last month, when the boy’s aunt attached the recorder to his backpack. According to the Bennington Banner, the recording picked up comments insulting the boy.
Superintendent Catherine McClure says Connell, a paraprofessional, has been placed on administrative leave. She says Clayton Buck is not on leave because he’s a substitute paraprofessional, but he won’t be called in while the investigation continues.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.