School investigates autistic boy's treatmentMarch 04,2013School investigates autistic boy’s treatment
BENNINGTON — Two school employees will remain out of the classroom while the Bennington, school district investigates comments captured on an audio recorder secretly placed the backpack of an autistic boy.
Laurie Connell and Clayton Buck were assigned to work with the 8-year-old boy last month, when the boy’s aunt attached the recorder to his backpack. According to the Bennington Banner, the recording picked up comments insulting the boy.
Superintendent Catherine McClure says Connell, a paraprofessional, has been placed on administrative leave. She says Clayton Buck is not on leave because he’s a substitute paraprofessional, but he won’t be called in while the investigation continues.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.