Police investigate the scene of a crash Thursday morning that killed two people in White River Junction.WHITE RIVER JUNCTION — Two people were killed Thursday morning in a head-on collision on Route 4 about a half-mile west of the intersection with Quechee Main Street, according to Hartford Police.
Police said a 1995 Toyota Camry driven by a 63-year-old Woodstock woman was traveling east on Route 4 around 9:30 a.m. and crossed the center line, striking a trailer pulled by a pickup and then an oncoming 2002 Subaru Forester.
The woman, whose name had not been released pending notification of her family, and the driver of the Forester — Corey Daniels, 38, of Hartford — were both killed.
Police said the woman killed in the crash was wearing a seat belt, while Daniels was not.
A 17-year-old passenger in the pickup towing a trailer suffered severe, but not life-threatening, injuries, according to police.
The road was closed for several hours after the crash.
Police said the road was dry at the time of the crash.
In addition to Hartford Police, the Hartford Fire Department and Vermont State Police assisted at the scene.
The investigation into the crash is continuing.MORE IN Vermont News
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.