Lillian RocchiMarch 08,2013
Lillian Rocchi, 99, died March 7, 2013, at Mountain View Genesis Center.
She was born in Sicily, April 6, 1913, daughter of Santos and Maria (Sabatino) DiGangi.
Lillian was a 1929 graduate of West Rutland High School.
She was a member of St. Dominic’s Church.
She was employed by Vermont Marble Co. for many years.
Surviving are a brother, Leonard “Leo” DiGangi and his wife, Gladys, of West Rutland, several nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by her husband, Manlio Rocchi, in 1984; three sisters, Mary Morgan, Frances Nash, Josephine Sabatino; two brothers, Victor and Joseph DiGangi.
A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, March 12, 2013, in St. Dominic’s Church in Proctor.
There are no calling hours.
Burial will be held at a later date in South Street Cemetery in Proctor.
Memorial contributions may be made to St. Dominic’s Church, Proctor, Vt.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Clifford Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.