Vt. school closes over mass illnessMarch 08,2013Vt. school closes
over mass illness
BRIDPORT — The Vermont Health Department is investigating conditions at a school in Bridport after about 80 of the 130 students and staff either called in or went home sick.
The illnesses were reported Wednesday at the Bridport Central School. The district has called off school for Thursday and Friday as it sanitizes the building.
The Health Department is testing samples from those who are sick.
Symptoms included diarrhea and vomiting. Infectious disease epidemiologist Bradley Tompkins said it could be the Norovirus, also known as stomach flu.
Students in preschool through sixth grade attend the school.MORE IN This Just InPolice and rescue personnel are responded to an accident on Strongs Avenue with an injury at 4:30 p. Full StoryCASTLETON — Castleton College head football coach Marc Klatt has resigned after three years... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation