Fair Haven shifts board meetingsMarch 08,2013Fair Haven shifts
FAIR HAVEN — Select Board meetings in Fair Haven will now be held at 7 p.m. every other Monday instead of every other Tuesday starting March 18.
The board made the change during a restructuring meeting Wednesday following town meeting elections.
Board Chairman Christopher Cole said the change is necessary because the town manager may serve as the town’s alternative representative on the Rutland Regional Planning Commission, which meets Tuesday once a month.
At Wednesday’s special meeting, the board also said it is looking for volunteers interested in representing the town as a member of the RRPC board and on the Rutland Regional Transportation Council.
Anyone interested should send a letter of interest to the town manager.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.