Susanne R. McMillanMarch 09,2013
Susanne R. McMillanSusanne R. McMillan
Susanne R. McMillan, 81, formerly of Belmont, died March 5, 2013, at Our House Residential Care Home in Rutland.
She was born in Plainfield, N.J., Oct. 19, 1931, the daughter of Albert and Elizabeth (Hatfield) Randolph.
She was a graduate of Smith College.
Survivors include seven children, James Farrand, Sara McMillan, both of Belmont, Randolph Farrand of Rutland, Samuel McMillan of Perkinsville, Mary Farrand of Newark, N.Y., Nancy Bailey of Jordan, N.Y., and Susanne Bonawitz of Clifton Springs, N.Y.; 15 grandchildren and a great-granddaughter.
The funeral service will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday, March 23, at Village Baptist Church in Belmont. Officiating will be the Rev. Glen Davis, pastor. A reception will follow.
Memorial contributions may be made to Village Baptist Church, Belmont, VT 05730; or Our House Activities Fund, 196 Mussey St., Rutland, VT 05701.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Clifford Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.