Susanne R. McMillanMarch 09,2013
Susanne R. McMillanSusanne R. McMillan
Susanne R. McMillan, 81, formerly of Belmont, died March 5, 2013, at Our House Residential Care Home in Rutland.
She was born in Plainfield, N.J., Oct. 19, 1931, the daughter of Albert and Elizabeth (Hatfield) Randolph.
She was a graduate of Smith College.
Survivors include seven children, James Farrand, Sara McMillan, both of Belmont, Randolph Farrand of Rutland, Samuel McMillan of Perkinsville, Mary Farrand of Newark, N.Y., Nancy Bailey of Jordan, N.Y., and Susanne Bonawitz of Clifton Springs, N.Y.; 15 grandchildren and a great-granddaughter.
The funeral service will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday, March 23, at Village Baptist Church in Belmont. Officiating will be the Rev. Glen Davis, pastor. A reception will follow.
Memorial contributions may be made to Village Baptist Church, Belmont, VT 05730; or Our House Activities Fund, 196 Mussey St., Rutland, VT 05701.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Clifford Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.