I am writing on behalf of the Rutland County Long Term Recovery Committee to share with the community that the deadline for applications for assistance is April 15, 2013. The Rutland County Long Term Recovery Committee (RCLTRC) was formed in November 2011 in the aftermath of Tropical Storm Irene to assist individuals with unmet needs. Since then, our case managers, who are located at BROC, have helped a number of folks in a variety of ways, including financial. The RCLTRC has local funds available for assistance and is also the vehicle by which the Vermont Disaster Relief Fund can be accessed. Case managers will be in place until August of 2013. The state is making a final push to ensure that all who are looking for assistance have the opportunity to apply before staff complete their term of service. If you are unsure if you are eligible for assistance, we can help figure that out. Please contact the RCLTRC at 786-5952 before April 15. Thank you.
RutlandMORE IN Letters
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No money this year for western rail project, Lola Aiken memorialized in Montpelier, Supreme Court Castleton murder suspect will remain in jail, Shaftbury man fires shots from his AK-47 into neighbor's home.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1959, Soviet Premier Nikita S. Khrushchev arrives in U.S. for historic 13-day visit; in 1987, Secretary of State George Shultz and Soviet Foreign Minister Eduard Shevardnadze sign nuclear reduction agreement.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City celebrates completion of its newest mural, on West Street opposite the post office, more than $2 million in federal grants will bolster Vermont's health centers, Patrick McArdle reports on pending sale of Vermont papers.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Henry Hudson sails up the Hudson River as far as present-day Albany, Leo Szilard has epiphany waiting for the light to change, 3 kids report a West Virginia close encounter in 1952.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Who will run for mayor in Rutland next year? Has Bennington overcome its fear of twerking? Documentary 'Hungry Heart' packs the Paramount, and the city's Creek Path scores another million-plus dollars.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: The 1509 'Lesser Judgment' earthquake on this day at Constantinople kills 13,000 and destroys the city; in 1801, on this day, Marie Laveau, the Voodoo Queen of New Orleans is born.