63-year-old in two-fatality crash is namedMarch 09,2013Local woman, 63,
named as fatality
QUECHEE — A 63-year-old woman who was killed in a two-fatality crash Thursday in Quechee has been identified.
Nina Dimick of Woodstock was pronounced dead at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, N.H., after a crash that also killed Corey Daniels, 38, of Hartford.
Hartford Police said Dimick was driving east on Route 4 when she crossed the center line and struck the rear wheel of a utility trailer towed by Roger Cann, 71, of Macungie, Pa.
Dimick then hit Daniels’ vehicle head-on, police said. Cann was not hurt in the crash, but a teenager in his vehicle was injured.
Dimick was not identified at first while police were trying to reach her family.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Highway Trust Fund bill passage Vt. projects are moving forward, about 20 state inmates are seeking clemency through new federal standards and search is on to find temporary member for State Colleges Board of Trustees.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.