63-year-old in two-fatality crash is namedMarch 09,2013Local woman, 63,
named as fatality
QUECHEE — A 63-year-old woman who was killed in a two-fatality crash Thursday in Quechee has been identified.
Nina Dimick of Woodstock was pronounced dead at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, N.H., after a crash that also killed Corey Daniels, 38, of Hartford.
Hartford Police said Dimick was driving east on Route 4 when she crossed the center line and struck the rear wheel of a utility trailer towed by Roger Cann, 71, of Macungie, Pa.
Dimick then hit Daniels’ vehicle head-on, police said. Cann was not hurt in the crash, but a teenager in his vehicle was injured.
Dimick was not identified at first while police were trying to reach her family.MORE IN This Just InFire crews responded to an alarm activation at the Rutland Mental Health offices at around 9:15 a.m. Full StoryRichard Courcelle sent in this photo of a bear he saw while having his coffee this morning. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.