Elise R. DurrMarch 18,2013Elise R. Durr
MOUNT HOLLY — Elise Rose Durr, 72, died Saturday, March 16, 2013, at her home.
Calling hours will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, March 20, at the Clifford Funeral Home in Rutland.
The funeral service will be at 11 a.m. Thursday, March 21, at Christ the King Church in Rutland, officiated by the Rev. Justin Baker, pastor.
Burial will be at 1 p.m. Friday, March 22, in Calvary Cemetery in Poughkeepsie, N.Y.
Memorial contributions may be made to Rutland County Humane Society or Foley Cancer Center at Rutland Regional Medical Center.
A full obituary will be published in a future edition of the Rutland Herald.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1609, Galileo demonstrates his telescope to Venetian lawmakers; during the same year, the Spanish Inquisition begins Basque witch trials, Henry Hudson sets sail from Amsterdam to North America, Shakespeare's sonnets published.