Storm triggers cancellationsMarch 19,2013The impending snow storm has led to the cancellation of meetings and events around the city.
The Rutland Region Chamber of Commerce mixer, which was to be held from 5 to 7 p.m. tonight at the College of St. Joseph, has been cancelled. It has been rescheduled to 5 to 7 p.m. March 26.
The Rutland Regional Planning Commission has also cancelled all meetings and hearings scheduled for tonight.
Rutland Area Prevention Coalition has cancelled its meeting scheduled for this morning. The next meeting will be held at 9 a.m. April 16 at the Education and Wellness Center at 78 South Main St.
The Book Discussion Club meeting scheduled for this morning at St. Bridget’s Catholic Church in West Rutland has been cancelled and will be rescheduled at a later date.
Additional closings, cancellations and delays will be published online at www.rutlandherald.com as the storm develops.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.