Storm triggers cancellationsMarch 19,2013The impending snow storm has led to the cancellation of meetings and events around the city.
The Rutland Region Chamber of Commerce mixer, which was to be held from 5 to 7 p.m. tonight at the College of St. Joseph, has been cancelled. It has been rescheduled to 5 to 7 p.m. March 26.
The Rutland Regional Planning Commission has also cancelled all meetings and hearings scheduled for tonight.
Rutland Area Prevention Coalition has cancelled its meeting scheduled for this morning. The next meeting will be held at 9 a.m. April 16 at the Education and Wellness Center at 78 South Main St.
The Book Discussion Club meeting scheduled for this morning at St. Bridget’s Catholic Church in West Rutland has been cancelled and will be rescheduled at a later date.
Additional closings, cancellations and delays will be published online at www.rutlandherald.com as the storm develops.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.